White Box Friends Exhibition in Modern Gallery of Art in Serbia
- Капи | 點滴 | Drop
- The Gallery of Modern Arts
- Trg Velijka Dugoševića 30
- Kučevo, Republic of Serbia
- 10 - 26 September 2018
A brochure was created to document the artworks of all the participating Hong Kong Artists who participated in this art show in the Gallery of Modern Art in Serbia.
You can find more information on this show here.
Name of Show: "Drops" Art Exhibition
Date: September 10 - September 26, 2018
This is an online press release on an online forum in Serbia
The artist sent this painting to be shown in Serbia.
This is a series of 2 abstract artwork that the artist created for the art exhibition
A page was dedicated to document Alice's work for this show in Serbia.
Right: 2 drops paintings were shown at the exhibition.
A close up of both paintings at the walls of the gallery space. You can see how the transitions of the vibrant colors play an important role in this abstract art series.
Two of Alice's abstract artwork can be found at the center of the gallery space.
This is a full view of all the art work at the gallery space.
Here are more pictures from the White Box Studio. Image Credit: White Box Studio
Again, more information can be retrieved at the White Box Studio's Website.
November 5, 2018 - Late February, 2019:
SOLO ART EXHIBITION
The Natural Awakening + Resilience of Mother Nature
Nov., 2018 - Feb., 2019
All School Day
Zhuyuetang Exhibition Gallery
St. Paul’s Co-educational College
33 MacDonnell Road, Hong Kong
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Alice Chan is a SPCC Alumna currently living and working as an artist/ designer in Hong Kong. She is currently represented by Avenue West Gallery in Spokane, WA, USA. She had won numerous art awards and had shown her artwork internationally and locally. Alice is also a relentless serial entrepreneur who now owns her own international fashion company along with other multiple art and jewelry businesses related to art and design. Alice has customers all over the world, including all across the United States, United Kingdom, as far as to the Middle East. Alice enjoys working on her artwork in her free time.
This exhibition, “Flower Power- The Natural Awakening + Resilience of Mother Nature” is depicting the powerful regenerative power of nature. You will find natural elements such as wild animals, flowers, great leafy plants, and precious stones. Nature is self-healing. Nature has a highly intelligent energy force that is ever evolving to adapt to changes in the environment. This exhibition is for healing and empowerment. These paintings are created to calm down your senses, destress, and to notice to beauty in the beauty of natural elements. The exhibition was created to inspire students to pursue their dreams and goals in areas they excel in. Alice will also offer free art workshops and give a motivational speech during morning assembly to inspire students to pursue and monetize their skill-sets and turn their passion into a lucrative career they can live on.
My latest inspirations
How I find my art inspirations in the process of creating art forms that reflects the contemporary art world. Lately, I got invited to give an art talk at my high school by my high school art teacher. It's truly been a great honor to be invited to be a guest speaker. I honestly never thought I would have this kind of opportunity as I am still an emerging artist who is currently trying to make some art sales online. Honestly, I almost gave up on this site because sales were so slow and selling art is truly tough and not easy at all. I remember that I heard from an art gallery owner who used to tell me that "Art is easy to create, but very hard to sell." This is incredibly true, as you are selling something that people do not need so you need to sell them a story/ dream that they can attain if they buy your art and you also need to market and brand your work really really well enough that create that sense of urgency and that deep desire to buy. I was never a really good salesman so I researched a lot to try to learn what makes people say "yes", instead of a constant "no, no, no."
So, in order to prepare for this high school speech as a guest speaker, I am trying to brainstorm here and think about what I could possibly share/ talk about with the entire school about my art journey that I wish someone would have told me earlier on in my art career onto how to sell art that the market needs and how to gain inspiration for your art. Ideally, you want to create artwork that speaks to you instead of only creating work that the market need. You need to find a happy medium between what you love to create and what the market desires. Because if you are not passionate about your own work, other people can see it too and no one will buy your art/ work.
So, what can you do?
1. Go to art openings such as the art walk/ first Fridays if I am in the United States. If I was in Hong Kong, I like to go to the Affordable Art Fair/ Art Basel/ Asian Contemporary Art Fairs. There are tons of different galleries and you can even meet and greet different artists during the private openings. Sometimes, you may also get free wine/ refreshments when you attend some art openings. You get to see some free art and learn what's trending in the art market and also meet a lot of interesting people who are potentially your new art collectors/ clients.
How about Social Media?
2. Go on to instagram/ pinterest/ facebook and see what's trending. Follow instagram tags in a certain niche and see if you find any artists' works you may like. Go onto pinterest, type in some keywords and see if you find anything you like. You can even discover some etsy shops that sell small paintings at highly affordable pricing from small independent artists. I also felt like I really wanted to buy and support small artists along the way. It's very tempting and you browse on pinterest for inspiration but it's also a marketing tactic to "trick" you into buying. There are also tons of facebook buy/sell groups that allow you to buy and sell artwork on facebook. Personally, I have never tried buying any artwork on those facebook groups but it certainly doesn't hurt to see what other artists are doing. The key is to master and watch all the youtube tutorials onto how to think long term and grow your social media presence. Sometimes, you may need to invest and pay more money to create effective marketing campaign with facebook ads and instagram ads. I am still learning every day onto the little tips and tricks onto how to grow a huge facebook/ instagram following. Their algorithms are always ever changing so you really need to step up your game and step up your game just to keep up with all the most recent changes.
Expand your online presence and sales channels.
3. Go onto your Etsy and see what other search terms people are searching for when they land on my page. Honestly, this is super super helpful and it also lets me know what's in demand in the art world right now. I felt that there are a lot of people looking for jewelry on Etsy so it's also very good if you are trying to sell art on Etsy as it's slightly less competitive than in the jewelry business. Growing a business is a slow progress that takes a long long time for it to mature. You can start an etsy shop and then wait 9 months till you get the first sale. Currently a lot of people are searching for the following items on my Etsy shop and these will become my next art creation project ideas.
What exactly are real people/ buyers searching for online from artists that creates work with tags like yours?
Search Terms/ keywords: (Enhance your Google SEO on Etsy/ shopify site)
- Contemporary painting
- Paris watercolor painting original
- Cubist Painting
- In Vase Painting
- Green Eyes Cat
- Ballet original painting
- Teapot Painting
- Acrylic home decor
- Flower still life
- Plant Painting
- White Cat
- Flower Decor
- Architecture Painting
- Painting of roses
- Mount Rainier Wall Art
- Flowers still life
- Fruit still life
- iPhone Case
- Pine Tree Art
- Original Hong Kong Art
- Green Eyes
- Lion Painting
- Original watercolor painting
- Dandelion painting
- Painting Still Life
- Still Life Prints
- Cow Painting
- Decor best gift
- Gift Birthday
- Contemporary Asian art
- Cow painting original
- Modern painting woman
- White Flowers
- Best gift for woman
- White flower in vase
- White flower bouquet
- Plant pot
- Decor gift
- Still life
- Art bright color
- Colorful painting
- Decor wall
To Sum Up:
There's a huge demand for contemporary Asian Art and that's something I can excel on as an Asian Artist. So, I am creating more Chinese Ink Work recently and will scan and create prints for your purchase here.
Most of my customers are female art collectors who are looking for home decor for women. (This shows my target audience)
And my target audiences tend to be looking for white cats (perhaps cat/ animal lovers), and still life flowers/ plant drawings. They also tend to like brightly colored modern contemporary art/ painting for their home decor/ home improvement projects on Etsy .
All you need to do is to continue to believe in yourself and your art and never ever ever give up. Never ever ever give up! Never give up! Really! Sometimes, it really can feel like no one was looking at your artwork when you shop is very slow and you really want to just give up on art all together. But don't ever lose your hope because if you don't believe in yourself, nobody else will. You got to be very passionate about your artwork for other people to be interested/ become passionate about your artwork as well. Last but not least, subscribe to our newsletters for freebies and promo codes and getting our latest art updates for exhibitions/ shows/ workshops...etc. Comment down below and let us know what art category do you love most from our work here for a chance to win a free art print NOW.