Check out our latest artist's Inspirations:
New Chinese Ink paintings artwork is released. Check out our latest peaceful Chinese ink art work that is inspired by the idea of grounding earth and meditative bliss.
Title: 人間無淨土 只有土中荷 (The Eternally Blissful Lotus Flower)
Medium: 水墨 (Chinese Ink on Rice Paper)
Size: 22”x17” (HxW) Portrait framed Size
The earth plays a crucial symbolic role to achieve the highest transcendental meditative state in Buddhism that is often symbolized with a lotus flower. When we can learn, grow from past mistakes, and let go of the control from all pain and sufferings that are imposed on us, we will be able to attain the highest level of eternally blissful meditative state and become free.
The earth or mud symbolizes all human sufferings such as disease, evil, and pain. The mud is dirty, impure, and often ugly. But yet, it’s also full of micro-organisms and insects that can decompose and regenerate living plants, such as the unexpected beautiful lotus flowers we see in this painting. The earth is a powerful energy force that is full of nutrients. The mud can naturally help breakdown and decompose the old and help us welcome new life, lead to true happiness, and possibly create the rebirth of new beginnings.
Here, the mud, or simply, painful sufferings, serves as huge lessons learned as we continue the life journey. All mankind’s misfortune and illness, as one encounter in life can teach big powerful life lessons. Hopefully, one can learn, grow, and breakthrough, so one can practice detachment of the outcome and become free.
When we are ready to learn from past mistakes and let go, we can continue to blossom like these elegant blissful lotus flowers and continue to smile and glow again.
If you like our red lotus art work, you may also like these Samsung Galaxy and iPhone art phone cases below. Shop for art phone case covers here while our limited supplies last today!
See all our floral art here.
See all our Chinese ink art here.
About the artist:
ALICE CHAN is a contemporary Asian artist who studied fine art and architecture in the United States, Copenhagen, Barcelona, Japan, China, Singapore, Portugal, Florence, and Rome.
Mostly, Alice is interested in creating a new form of art form that combines the most refined Eastern and Western traditions and techniques in fine art, and architecture.
Alice was recently selected by the juried art exhibition at the Art Next Expo in 2019 among many international fine artists at PMQ and her work was featured on The Standard Newspaper. Alice’s floral art workshop at the PMQ during the Art Next Expo 2019 was also very well received by the art viewers in Hong Kong. You can read more about Alice's press interview here.
Alice completed a large solo art exhibition at the Zheyuetang Exhibition Gallery in St. Paul’s Co-educational College (SPCC) from 2018-2019. She gave a comprehensive art lecture during the morning accessibly for the whole school and also shared her drawing tips at the drawing workshops at SPCC. Many students and teachers enjoyed viewing and participating in her contemporary modern art exhibition, lectures, and engaging workshops.
What To Read Next:
- 26 Feb - 2 March, 2019: Exhibit Here, Menier Gallery, First Group Fine Art Exhibition in London
- Guest Blog Post by Helena Chung: An Artist's Interview Portrait of an Artist in Art Next 2019: Alice Chan
- 2019 October Group Art 4th Member's Show with the White Box Studio at the JCCAC
- Group Exhibition: Chinese Ink Art Gallery Group Show Art Exhibition in Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Group Exhibition of Artist Collaboration with Aries and Ken's Art Studios - 2017
- Group Exhibition at the Hong Kong Central Library in 2015
- White Box Friends Exhibition in Modern Gallery of Art in Serbia - 2018
- Solo Art Exhibition - Flower Power at SPCC - Nov, 2018- Feb, 2019
- 合奏四 | Symphony 4 Exhibition | White Box Studio | Hong Kong
- For White Box Friends Only: Art Next Expo Exhibition 2019 Volunteer Opportunity Details
- 人間無淨土 只有土中荷 (Eternally Blissful Lotus Flower)
Back to our Blog
- RedBubble.com - Amazing art prints, t-shirts, calendars, and greeting cards by 170,000 artists worldwide.
- Thousands of unique designs printed on men's and women's American Apparel t-shirts, long sleeve and v-neck shirts.
- Get Amazing Fine Art Designs on T-Shirts, iPad cases, Calendars and more at Redbubble! Click Here!
** We are compensated for this blog post. This post also contains affiliate links and we may be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on any of these links.
Check out our new RedBubble shop.
Also, check out our other Society 6 shop here.
Click here for USD$10 Off on Society6 today and shop for Alice's Artwork today. (Terms may apply)